Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Kiosk Reflection

The kiosk project was a fun and interactive way to teach children about certain topics. While observing the other kiosks I really liked how the transitions made some of the projects stand out more than others. The transitions helped the presentation look a little more creative and neat. Another thing that I liked about other kiosks that I viewed was how there were videos that were incorporated to help enrich the presentation of the information.

While working on my kiosk I came across some difficulties. For example, for some odd reason all of the buttons that I had made were linked to the wrong slides or they wouldn't link at all even though it appeared to be linked. Another difficulty that our group encountered was trying to get the animation to work while having the slideshow run, but we later figured out how to do it.

Kiosks are an excellent tool for presenting information in a fun and creative way. Kiosks can be incorporated into teaching as a means of either having students create one as a final project for a certain topic. It can also be a way to introduce topics or lessons. I thing that this makes learning alittle more exciting and interactive for the student, which is a good way to help children actually remember what they are learning and not forget it by the next time they come to class.

No comments: